Neogi are unusual creatures who usually look like a cross between a spider and an eel. They have a bloated body and eight limbs, two of which have simple claws, and are covered in light tan fur.
Neogi are slave traders and they consider everything either a slave or owner. All neogi have several slaves, usually umber hulks, sometimes even other neogi. These neogi slaves have more slaves, leading to complex ownership hierarchy.
The neogi pantheon includes:
- Ka’jk’zxl, the dead god of creation.
- Kil'lix, a chaotic evil lesser god of death, murder, and poison.
- Kr'tx, a chaotic evil lesser god of war, brutality, and strength.
- P'kk, a lawful evil lesser god of fear and tyranny.
- Thrig'ki, a neutral evil lesser god of "love" (actually more like envy and jealousy in human terms).
- T'zen'kil, a neutral evil lesser god of torture, pain, and suffering.
The neogi homeworld is referred to in their legends as Ka'jk'z. In the neogi creation myth, Ka'jk'z was the place where the brain of the neogi creator deity, Ka'jk'zxl, landed after he was killed by the lesser neogi gods. The neogi were apparently born from the brain of the deity. They simply abandoned their world after being informed by their gods of their destiny to conquer all the crystal spheres.
Lords of Madness cites similar rumors, claiming that "some sages" believe the neogi homeworld no longer exists.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Grubb, Jeff. AD&D Adventures in Space. Lorebook of the Void, page 83. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1989.
- ↑ Winter, Jon. "The Ecology of the Neogi." Dragon Magazine #214. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, February 1995. Page 58.
- ↑ Cagle, Eric. "The Ecology of the Clockwork Horror." Dragon Magazine #350. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2006. Page 59.
- ↑ Baker, Rich, James Jacobs, and Steve Winter. Lords of Madness. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Page 89.