Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It tells the story of Teldin Moore, a farmer on the planet Krynn, whose life is changed when a spelljamming ship crashes onto his farm and destroys it. The novel is 311 pages long and features one map. It was published by TSR Inc. in July 1991.
Beyond the MoonsEdit
- Teldin's Escape From Krynn - A map showing the route taken by Teldin Moore during the novel.
- Prologue - A spelljamming ship called The Penumbra is attacked by three ships and is badly damaged. The injured captain orders her crew to attempt an emergency landing on Krynn's continent, Ansalon.
- Chapter One - Farmer, Teldin Moore, is working on his melon field with his neigbour Liam. Liam claims to have seen a dragon in the sky, but Teldin doesn't see anything at first. Liam mentions Teldin's service in the war, and we are told that Teldin doesn't want to admit that he was a mule-skinner and barely saw the war. Liam and Teldin both go to their homes. Teldin notices the object in the sky change course, and head towards him. Teldin realises the thing is headed straight for him and jumps aside, just before it crashes into his melon field and lands on his farmhouse. Teldin approaches the flaming object and realises it is a strange kind of ship with a fishes tail and wings. A person crawls over the edge of the ship and Teldin approaches. The person turns out to be the badly injured captain who casts a spell to communicate with Teldin and forcefully insists that he take cloak, keep it from the neogi and take it to the creators. Teldin puts the cloak on to calm her down, but she dies before he can do anything else. A voice behind him calls him an assassin and challenges him to stand so that he can be killed.
- Chapter Two
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Chapter Five
- Chapter Six
- Chapter Seven
- Chapter Eight
- Chapter Nine
- Chapter Ten
- Chapter Eleven
- Chapter Twelve
- Chapter Thirteen
- Chapter Fourteen
- Chapter Fifteen
- Chapter Sixteen
- Chapter Seventeen
- Chapter Eighteen
- Chapter Nineteen
- Chapter Twenty
- Chapter Twenty-one
- Chapter Twenty-two
- Chapter Twenty-three
- Chapter Twenty-four
- Chapter Twenty-five
- There are two printing errors in Chapter Two:
- The line of text that is on the bottom of page 20 should actually be on the bottom of page 21.
- The line on the bottom of page 22 should actually be on the bottom of page 25.
|Beyond the Moons errata|
|Sentence crossing from page 20-21|
|When there was no response, Teldin threw the cloak over his shoulder and hobbled to where the trooper lay.|
|Sentence crossing from page 21-22|
|After a quick check on his prisoner, Teldin approached the burning ship only to have a wave of heat drive him back.|
|Sentence crossing from page 22-23 (previous sentence added for claritiy)|
|Teldin could see that it was a strange substance, almost flesh. The fin's thick ribs quivered when he touched them, and the stench of roasted meat that rose from the charred membranes was nauseatingly heavy.|
|Sentence crossing from page 25-26|
|"What in all the Dark Queen's Abyss happened-" Liam abruptly stopped, his eyes goggling at the enormous, bound prisoner and the slight corpse on the ground "-here?" he squeeked out at last.|
An index of the novel Beyond the Moons is located at the subpage Beyond the Moons/Index.
|Novels of The Cloakmaster Cycle|
|Beyond the Moons by David Cook | Into the Void by Nigel Findley | The Maelstrom's Eye by Roger E. Moore | The Radiant Dragon by Elaine Cunningham | The Broken Sphere by Nigel Findley | The Ultimate Helm by Russ T. Howard|
|Spelljammer Short Stories|
|Smoke Powder and Mirrors by Jeff Grubb (from Realms of Magic) | Gunne Runner by Roger E. Moore (from Realms of Magic) | Through the Door at the Top of the Sky by Roger E. Moore (from The Dragons at War)|
|The Rogue Ship Part 1 | The Rogue Ship Part 2 | The Rogue Ship Part 3 | The Rogue Ship Part 4 | Trial by Wyldfire | Circle of Fear | Paying the Price | Monster | The Geas | Exile on Taladas | Serious Trouble | Alone | The Armada | Nimone | The Song of the Einheriar|
- ↑ The Cloakmaster Cycle One: Beyond the Moons
- Spelljammer reference: none given
- TSR reference: 8030
- ISBN: 1-56076-153-9
- Paul Westermeyer's review of 'Beyond the Moons' at Beyond the Moons (the official Spelljammer website)